Thursday, June 9, 2011

Anthropomorphic Food, Musical Manuscripts


Normally, I don't like eating things with faces, but for a punschkugel, I'll make an exception.

In other news, there is such a big, big difference between the phrase "the novel is in the bag," and "I have bagged the novel." Is there a day in the future when I am sure enough of myself as a writer to start a project I believe in and ram it right on through to the end without waffling, wandering off, being unfaithful? In short, the novel is back on the back burner, yes, again, because I feel like I'm beating my own head in with a brick that would rather be doing something else.
I really do fantasize about a day when I feel as if I have some clue what I'm doing as a writer and I know it may never come. Maybe it doesn't need to? Perhaps this is just the way I do things. Work on something a bit until it stalls. Put it aside and work on something else until that stalls. As long as I don't just play musical manuscripts, I mean, as long as things are getting finished and submitted in their own good time, it's ok, right? Right?

6 comments:

Whirlochre said...

The back burner is better than out in the cold and sometimes things have to lie fallow.

As for the hogs — I want them!

Mother (Re)produces. said...

Drop me a line, if you are passing through Switzerland. I will buy you a hog. I would mail you one, but I think they would suffer. Perhaps Prickles will come too, if she doesn't feel it's cannibalism...

fairyhedgehog said...

Cute cakes! But how could I eat a hedgehog? (Especially as I'm trying to lose weight!)

Mother (Re)produces. said...

I was never good at math, but surely if you eat yourself some energy will be lost in the process and you'll wind up weighing less than at the beginning?

Sylvia said...

Right.

Unknown said...

Ha.
You're funny, dear.
What's not funny is your salvation.
Lemme show you how to wiseabove...

Earthling...
Q: what's the MOST important objective
N our lifelong demise determined by us?
A: achieving Seventh-Heaven: in the
Great Beyond, everythang is possible.

When our eternal soul leaves our body at death
and we riseabove to meet our Maker,
only four, last things remain:
death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
according to the deeds WEE mortals
have done in our Finite Existence.
Find-out what RCIA means and join.

PS° I'm a re-boot NDE:
if you're RIGHT,
you'll see the LIGHT -
follow that to the Elysian Fields.
Let's be tethered2forever Upstairs.

Make Your Choice -SAW