Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brrrr....

Last year I wrote this whiny post in February (do I write any other kind?) but somehow never saw the last comment, made by Paca, in the comment trail. I happened upon it just now because I was wondering if I had posted pictures of last February, and if it was as much of a frozen wasteland as this February.

Anyway, here's a poem, inspired both by Paca's comment and, alas, my current nasal condition:

Ode to Boogers


The boogers that sit in my nose
Resisting the firmest of blows
Are thoroughly ├╝berdried
Heck, they are petrified!
At least seventeen on the Mohs.



The rhythm is a little off, but the meaning is very deep. Yes, I know it's a limerick, but "Limerick to Boogers?"

Anyway, it is really cold. I honestly can't remember the last time we hit February and there wasn't a single Schneestolz or Schneegl├Âggli or Crocus up. A few things are just barely peeping up.





These bottom sprouts are yellow because the girls raked the yard three weeks ago when we had a brief warm spell and the snow melted. That's how little sun we've had since then! Three weeks they've had. I had to turn the flash off on the camera. It's so grey, it kept trying to flash. That was at 10:30 this morning, not twilight or something.
The middle ones are daffodils. I wonder if they will make it up by Easter. Only we like a wee bit o' flowery stuff with our annual Pagan Reproduction Day celebrations. >:]

If I make peace with the boogers, will we have to sign a Nasal Treaty, do you think?
(Sorry. I needed the laugh.)

2 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Love the poetry, dahling!

It made me laugh in a kind of, "oh no, I know exactly what she means" kind of way.

Let's hope we all get a bit of sunshine soon.

Whirlochre said...

For a moment, I thought those leaves were mice and you were going to inform us of a rogue rodent attack.