Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Satisfying Kit's Curiosity

My fellow bloglodyte, Kit Courteney, has asked me to unveil five obsessions that I have. Five. Only five. I will now draw lots:

1) Donuts. I fantasise about them more than is normal, I'm sure. I don't even need to eat them (though I enjoy that, too). I just love them there on the shelf when there are at least 30 different kinds, and they are all fresh, it makes me happy. Even if I'm not eatting any of them.

2) Patterns. I hate it if something is almost a pattern. But not quite. Things either need to be totally random, or exact. Nothing in between. This tells you more than you ever wanted to know about my housekeeping, believe me.

3) Grammar. I love it. Verb systems make me go all soppy and wet (no kids reading this, I hope?) I'm not pedantic, and I won't shoot you for using "incorrect" grammar (at least not when anyone is watching) but I want people to know what they are using and why. I have no problem with y'all. Its use is rule governed! People who don't know an adjective from an adverb and DON'T CARE are criminal, though.

4) Stationary. Don't ask. And don't look in my closet. And don't ask me if you can borrow one of my pens, because the answer is NO. I will buy you one, I will GIVE you one, but you can't borrow one. Because then I have to worry about whether or not you will give it back. And if you don't, it will leave a little hole which doesn't close up, which brings us to number five...

5) People who borrow things and don't give them back. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Just.... Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!


As for tea, that doesn't count as an obsession. No one calls you obsessed if you breathe constantly. Why should they call you obsessed if you drink tea? Same thing...

4 comments:

Kit Courteney said...

Ohhh... I'm not saying ANYTHING about the word 'stationary' after your 'grammar' outage.

Nuffink.

Not a sausage.

(Good list... curiosity satisfied.)

Mother (Re)produces. said...

I said Grammar; not spelling. I couldn't spell my way out of a paper shop. Spelling should be voluntary. Like how you ware your hare.

:o)

Kit Courteney said...

Fair point. I'm not bad at spelling but get very lazy with grammar... for 'lazy', read 'thick'.

:0o

Mother (Re)produces. said...

Well, like I said: it's not the correct or incorrectness, really, I'm obsessed with the interest. I don't understand people that don't care. Unfortunately, I've found jumping up and down waving my arms yelling "care!" "care!" to be totally inefficient in dealing with the problem.