I'm a total deadbeat, I know. Truth is, I just hit sudden burnout about two weeks ago. I've been over to EE's maybe twice, haven't hardly checked duotrope at all, and haven't written anything. Don't know why, don't care much, but I know from experience that it's temporary burnout and I hope to be my frolicky, verbose old self when I get back from holiday. Yes, that's right, bloglodytes, I'm going on hols for three whole weeks. During these three weeks I will:
1. Recharge my writing bats. I will sit in cafés (if my kids let me :) and listen to bits of dialog in English, check books out of libraries in English, and oil my grey cells with donuts, in English.
2. Listen to my sis-in-law's belly and see if anybody says anything (in English).
3. Visit my bestest friend from college and make damn sure she's still totally silly. Adjust her husbands silly-bone, if necessary, until he's worthy of her.
4. Visit the Old Man With The Beard, aka, Dad. He only speaks English.
5. Shop! Shop shop shop! Shooooooooooooooooooooooop! Did I mention shop?
6 Eat donuts and cakes with salt in them! This is the downfall of continental baking. They don't put that pinch of salt in, and I CAN'T TASTE A FUCKING THING.
7. Eat lots of ethnic food. Order it all in English.
8. Go hiking to burn off said donuts, cake and food. Talk to trees in English, and know that they understand.
9. Teach my nephews how to burp properly. In English.
10. Hide when it's time to come home again. ;)
I'll be around til the end of next week, packing and buying prezzies and doing laundry, but after that I won't be back til mid-October. :)